[Exim] on and off unrouteable to verified and working addres…

Author: exm user
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] on and off unrouteable to verified and working address, why ?
Dear all,

As described in the subject, my exim server on and off can't send mail to some external email address, for example, if sending 10 emails to external address, there will be 1 or 2 mail bounced back with error "Unrouteable address".

my /etc/resolv.conf is pointing to correct name server, and i can actually get the external server mx record, and even telnet inside.

while i tried to manually telnet or exim -bh testing from my mailserver, it alwasy working and can get pass the ACL without any error, i just can't figure out why that problem keep rising.

and one thing i don't understand is that i already set the ignore-bounce-error for 1 day, timeout-frozen-after for 3 days, and retry configuration of entire queue for 4 days, why the unroutable address won't be kept in the queue if the external host failed, instead it straight away return back to me.

is there any exim hidden dns setting that will randomly fail ? or there's some error in my retry config?

i am using exim 4.05, with amavis-snapshot200203 and f-prot.

following is my retry config:

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

ignore_bounce_errors_after = 1d
timeout_frozen_after = 3d

please advice on anything i need to check, or anything i could do, need help asap, thanks everyone!

exim faithful user