Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as o…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Eric Rutherford
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as other users
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Eric Rutherford wrote:

> does anyone know how to prevent this? its like spoofing but even more
> convincing because it comes from the real server. is there a way to
> make sure the name they are sending with is the same as the username
> they authenticated with?

The name they authenticated with can be saved in $authenticated_id (your
config seems to do this). So you can check at ACL time:

  deny  message "You must send as the id you authenticate with"
        authenticated = *
        condition = ${if eq {$authenticated_id}{$sender_address_local_part}\
                    {no}{yes}}

This is off the top of my head, and untested.