[Exim] LOCAL_DELIVERY=mail_spool with Exim Filters to Maildi…

Author: Andy Firman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] LOCAL_DELIVERY=mail_spool with Exim Filters to Maildir?
I just updated a Debian stable box to 4.30-6.amwoody.1.
(and another box which brought up this particular issue)

In my exim4.conf.template I have this:

LOCAL_DELIVERY=mail_spool

Yet the system continues to deliver to /home/user/Maildir !

The old Exim 3 was configured to deliver to Maildir.

So I assumed the debconf script took care of business.

Not so .... as I just found out after a couple of long hours.

In my /etc/skel I have a Maildir directory and a .forward file which contains:

coho:/etc/skel# cat .forward

# Exim filter

if $h_to: contains "anything" then
    save $home/Maildir/
else
    save $home/Maildir/
finish
endif

So it looks like the Exim Filter is taking care of business
here right?

Can I leave it like it is or should I make
exim4.conf.template have: LOCAL_DELIVERY=maildir_home ??

Just wondering if this will cause trouble down the road.
The users will not be configuring their own Exim Filters.

Thanks,
Andy