Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question
> And, being pragmatic for a minute, we know that some variations of MS
> brokenware will continuously retry after getting a 5xx at HELO time, which
> doesn't really help anyone: the sender doesn't know anything's wrong for
> some time, and eventually gets a meaningless error, and the recipient is

I recall having this problem at work once. Someone complained that they
can't send email to us and the error they faxed said
"error was: 221 closing connection" or something like that, it was
definately a 2xx code. There was so little information in the report that
it took me a while to figure out who was getting blocked and why.