Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question
If anyone cares, incase there's any doubt, we do let exim reject any
syntactically invalid HELOs at HELO time.

However, if the sender proceeds to try and send mail anyway, we reject
them at RCPT time. This is also where we reject if the HELO was our
IP/name etc, and also where we reject if no HELO is given at all.

( a transgression that's rather hard to reject at HELO time !! )

In other words, HELO-time rejects are fine, but if you want to actually
stop mail being sent, you need to do so explicitly later.

Cheers

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service