Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization erro…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error,
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:01:01AM -0800, Tor Slettnes wrote:
> Yeah, I meant impossible as in "difficult". (Think: grandma).

Is your grandma competent to make sure she doesn't have an Open Relay?

What does your grandma do that makes it impossible (read, difficult) to
type in the boxes what her ISP has told her to do?

Since the vast majority of outbound SMTP from dialups is spew, I think
that invoking the "grandmother" argument is actually the perfect reason
why you should block outbound 25/tcp. In which case, I think you've shot
yourself in the foot. Well done.

Cheers

Matthew