Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Kyle Dippery
Kopio: Exim Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Kyle Dippery wrote:

> But at one point I telnetted to my server to test it, and
> noticed that if I ignored the "Bad HELO:" message and proceeded
> on to "MAIL FROM:", I was able to complete my message normally.

From RFC 2821:

An SMTP server MAY verify that the domain name parameter in the EHLO
command actually corresponds to the IP address of the client.
However, the server MUST NOT refuse to accept a message for this
reason if the verification fails: the information about verification
failure is for logging and tracing only.

Of course, there are other reasons for rejecting EHLO; Exim doesn't try
to distinguish, and leaves it up to you to make the choice, as another
poster pointed out.