Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Edwards
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Kyle Dippery
Kopio: Exim Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_helo question
| But at one point I telnetted to my server to test it, and
| noticed that if I ignored the "Bad HELO:" message and proceeded
| on to "MAIL FROM:", I was able to complete my message normally.

| Is this supposed to happen? Or am I mis-understanding something?

This once came as a surprise to us too - the default config allows sending
of mail with no HELO at all. The solution is for the RCPT ACL to check
$sender_helo_name is set:

# some spammers can't be bothered saying HELO

  deny    condition = ${if eq{$sender_helo_name}{}{yes}{no}}
    message = RFCs mandate HELO/EHLO before mail can be sent

This works because $sender_helo_name is empty if no (valid) HELO is given.

FWIW, now I look, this test rarely triggers here nowadays.

Chris

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service