Re: [Exim] Relay from host list fails sometimes

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Frank Meyer, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Relay from host list fails sometimes
At 5:08 pm +0100 2004/03/16, Frank Meyer wrote:
>In reality my hostlist contains more than 500 hosts - with more
>than 200 different 2nd-level domains. The hostlist will be
>automatically created by a DynDNS server - written by me.
>The DynDNS user has the possibility to delete his host
>temporarily from the DynDNS server - before he goes offline.
>Should I always generate a new hostlist with only resolveable
>hosts and send a SIGHUP to exim? This could happen very often -
>more than once a second ;-)

as you control the dynamic DNS server, what about having a zone in it
where these hosts are stored as an IP based RBL? Then you would
accept rather then deny if the host address is in your RBL (that
stops being an appropriate name in this case).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/