Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization erro…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Patrick O'Neal
Päiväys:
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, input sent without waiting for greeting
I actually use my swbell dsl connection for LEGITIMATE reasons! I also
run a nice little exim server on it. I use a smart host to send all of
my mail through my ISP's smtp server. I have only encountered a problem
one time when I sent an email to myself, and I had just added a new
entry in my dns blacklist provider, and I figured out I was blacklisted
by them. What really sucks is that when I checked out the list, they
were blocking this whole pool of numbers and not mine specifically after
I deleted them from my blacklist everything was fine. Imagine getting
rejected by yourself because of the reason above. I realize that it is
some unfair people out there who spoil it for the rest of us but please
don't generalize all of us who use swbell.net dsl for legitimate
purposes, I know that my server only sends out maybe 30 or 40 emails
each week, so I know I am not a spammer and all of those are for my
church. I only host email for my church. It is terrible when I see
generalization, as it only produces prejudice...

>>>I can't help you with that. From where I'm sitting, the only
>>>mails I ever see with swbell.net on them are spam, but I suppose
>>>they also have bona fide users too.

Sorry to seem like I am on a soapbox.. I just happen to really hate
generalizations as they try to put all people into a box, imagine if I
would have said that all the people I have ever seen that use MS Windows
send out viruses. Anyway please no one take this personally, just a
friendly reminder to be careful, and not try and put people in a box.