Re: [Exim] stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, i…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Alan J. Flavell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim users list
Aihe: Re: [Exim] stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, input sent without waiting for greeting
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Mick Swisher wrote:

> > Is there a way to either 1) whitelist certain hosts so that they can
> > get around this enforcement? or 2) remove enforcement for just
> > synchronization of waiting on the greeting?

In our experience, this is primarily spamware. You surely don't
really want to hear from that pondlife, do you?

2004-03-15 09:24:00 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
H=c-24-6-198-61.client.comcast.net (24.6.198.61) [24.6.198.61]

[look-up 24.6.198.61 at http://openrbl.org if you're uncertain
about their status...]

If there's someone you want to hear from who's breaking the protocol
in this way, then - for their own benefit too - you should be pointing
out to them that their behaviour is unacceptable and they need to fix
it. There's plenty of other potential recipients who will treat their
behaviour as hostile - they need to know that.

IMHO and YMMV, contents may settle in transit, etc.

cheers