Re: [Exim] speed of lookup types

Author: Joshua Alexander
To: Avleen Vig, Joshua Alexander
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] speed of lookup types
Hiya,

>I think it matters. But you should try tdb which others have said is
>significantly better than BDB - BDB which iirc is the default, requires
>full-file locking to write, which TDB can lock individual records (I
>think). It should be faster from the locking perspective.

TDB? BDB? :-) Ok, I found Trivial Database online, and I assume BDB
is BSD DB. I'm using RedHat, for what that's worth.

I don't know how those integrate with Exim, but I know I can use
MySQL as a lookup. Also, I am familiar with MySQL, it already runs on
our server, and I can use it with PHP and Perl, too. So that's why
I'm leaning toward it.

-Josh