[Exim] Re: freebsd 5.2.1 + exim 4.30

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: freebsd 5.2.1 + exim 4.30
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:47:55 -0500, Kyle Dippery wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 08:24:12PM +1100,
> Woon Wai Keen @ doubleukay.com wrote:

>> I get lots of segfaults like these:
>>
>> (/var/log/dmesg.today)
>> pid 97038 (exim-4.30-0), uid 26: exited on signal 11

> I had the same problem after cvsuping to 5.2.1. I touched my
> Local/Makefile and rebuilt exim, and have had no problems.

As mentioned in the release notes for both 5.1 and 5.2.1, the 5.x branch
has not yet stabilized, and early adopters should anticipate ABI changes.

That means that when you upgrade, you need to read /usr/src/UPDATING or
the release notes (depending on whether you upgrade from source or a
binary release). Either way, you'd have seen you needed to recompile 3rd
party packages to catch up with ABI changes.

You should now be past the worst of it, but read the appropriate
documentation when next you update on the 5.x branch.

Ciao,
Sheldon.