Re: [Exim-dev] The future maintenance and development of Exi…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Philip Hazel, exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [Exim-dev] The future maintenance and development of Exim
Philip Hazel schrieb:
> Folks,
>
> I'm watching this list with interest.

Hope you like the show. :)

> Thanks for all the nice things people have been saying about me. You'd
> better stop before my head gets too swollen.

.... and we didn't even start yet. ;)

> Sorry I didn't include enough context originally. Here's a bit more:
>
> (a) My 60th birthday happens in a couple of months. It doesn't seem

Could give a good milestone to make some fixed statements about how the
future looks.

>   (b) Quite apart from that, I've been working on Exim for 9 years now,
>       and I have often said that 10 years was the most anybody should be
>       in charge of anything - company, country, whatever - after that
>       people get stale.

There are exceptions from the rule. :)
Also there are no signs yet that anything gets stale :)

>   (c) Most importantly of all, however, is that I can now only just
>       keep up as a single developer. We *must* move to a regime where I
>       can offload some of the work onto other people, because otherwise
>       Exim won't move forwards fast enough. This is exacerbated by the

Yep, THAT is true, but it shouldn't move too fast (IMHO). After all the
developers will have to keep the high standards you set.

Nico