Re: [Exim] dnslists with addition data + condition

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Chris Edwards
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dnslists with addition data + condition
> Right - it doesn't accept either with space:
>
> somerbl.net = 127.x.x.x
>
> or:
>
> somerbl.net != 127.x.x.x
>
> The = and != are treated the same.
>
> Without the space after the DNS zone, its fine:
>
> somerbl.net= 127.x.x.x
>
> somerbl.net!= 127.x.x.x

You know, I think there was a bug report filed about this. A space is not
valid in the hostname, so it wouldn't be hard to find = or ! and backup
until there's no more spaces and null terminate. I forget the code, maybe
it's easier to scan for a space and terminate there. (space in this case is
also a tab)

> Thanks for the useful facility, and for putting me right having not read
> the spec properly!

NP, I needed it and still use it. I didn't want to block dynamic dns that
njabl listed and I didn't want to list every other possible return code.