[Exim-dev] List setup.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David Woodhouse
To: exim-dev
Betreff: [Exim-dev] List setup.
> > On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> > Partially. Thats quite a long tag to add to the subject line. I wasn't
> > sure how much its appreciated (I know some hate it). I'll put it in for
> > now and see if I get complaints about it...

Urgh. Complain Complain. It's noise which detracts from the _real_ subject.

> I use it as a double-check for sorting messages, along with the envelope
> sender. If the envelope sender is forged, the subject is unlikely to
> have the tag, in which case the message will hit my filtering rules and
> with luck will be discarded if it's spam.

Does this actually work? The envelope sender 'exim-dev-admin@???'
doesn't actually show up in many places, used as it is only for the
outgoing reverse-path. I don't believe I've ever known a spammer
actually use such an address for spam.

Also, wouldn't checking a non-visible header like List-ID serve the same
purpose without getting in the way of real information?

Btw, the list archive isn't ideal for replying to messages. Compare the
mailto: links in the the exim-dev archive with one of mine...
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-dev/Week-of-Mon-20040308/000003.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/sender-auth/2004-February/000015.html

Note the latter has a real email address, Subject: and In-Reply-To:
headers while the former does not. Is this a Mailman configuration
option or just a feature of newer Mailman?

--
dwmw2