Re: [Exim] Creating Auto/vacation reply for Exim v.3.12 runn…

Author: Andy Firman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Creating Auto/vacation reply for Exim v.3.12 running on Debian Linux
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 05:34:34PM +0200, Willie Viljoen wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 17:24, someone, possibly manie esterhuizen, wrote:
> > My .forward file looks like this
> >
> > manie@???, |/usr/bin/vacation -a
> > manie@???
> >
> > Now I'm getting this error on the Exim mainlog file:
> >
> > D=userforward defer (-11): bad mode (0100777) for
> > /home/manie/.forward: 02 bit(s) unexpected
>
> You're on the right track, you just need to fix the permissions on
> your .forward file. Try this and see if it helps:
>
>     chmod 0644 ~/.forward

Are there any web front ends to this?

There does not seem to be anything in Squirrelmail or PHPGroupware.

I am bringing up a new site soon and the users will need occassional
vacation messages.

The employees "could" be trained on using putty and nano but
I really don't want to go there.

Thanks,
Andy