Re: [Exim] How to upgrade exim from ver. 3.35 on debian wood…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to upgrade exim from ver. 3.35 on debian woody to ver. 4.30
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:29:08 -0500, "Dickenson, Steven"
<sdickenson@???> wrote:
>Note, the Exim 4 configuration is vastly different from Exim 3, and I'm not
>sure how well the Debian package will upgrade your existing configuration.
>It's always best to go into the configuration after the install, and ensure
>everything is set the way you want it setup.

The Debian exim 4 setup tries to guess from the existing exim 3
configuration which values were used in configuring exim 3, and uses
these values to pre-seed the Debconf questions presented in exim 4's
install. This usually works pretty well if the exim 3 configuration
has been generated with eximconfig, Debian's configuration tool for
exim 3.

Greetings
Marc