RE: [Exim] How to upgrade exim from ver. 3.35 on debian wood…

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: 'Freddy Zapata', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] How to upgrade exim from ver. 3.35 on debian woody to ver. 4.30
Freddy Zapata <mailto:skate@ao.net> wrote:
> Can anyone help/point me on how to upgrage exim which installs with
> Debian Woody2 to the current version of exim. Thanks in advance

Add the following lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

deb http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/exim4manpages/ woody/
deb http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/gnutls/ woody/

Type 'apt-get update', then 'apt-get install exim4'. If you want
Exiscan-acl, LDAP, or SQL database support, type 'apt-get install
exim4-daemon-heavy' instead.

Note, the Exim 4 configuration is vastly different from Exim 3, and I'm not
sure how well the Debian package will upgrade your existing configuration.
It's always best to go into the configuration after the install, and ensure
everything is set the way you want it setup.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Network Administrator