Re: [Exim] strange behaviour of relay

Author: Jonas Meurer
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] strange behaviour of relay
On 08/03/2004 Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> >2004-03-08 00:56:19 H=pd9e9cf97.dip0.t-ipconnect.de (nazgul.resivo.net)
> >[217.233.207.151] U=Debian-exim F=<jonas@???> rejected RCPT
> ><mejo@???>: relay not permitted
>
> you'll presumably find few lines back the reason why AUTH did not work.

there are no further logs, one mail reject creates only this log entry.

> Are you using Pam to authenticate users? Is that set up properly?
> (someone wrote the proper module to use in linux, I don't know much
> about it as in MacOSX it is unnecessary).

no, i don't use pam for authentication but the usage of files
/etc/exim4/passwd{.client}. exim4 is configured for that by default in
debian.

anyway, i still have no glue about what's wrong. if anyone does have
some time to search my config for mistakes, you can find the complete
config-tree (without passwords and ssl-key) at
http://www.kicms.de/~jonas/exim4/ ;)

would be very kind if anyone with more experiences than me could help me

bye
jonas