RE: [Exim] Need exim 4.30 init.d script for debian

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: 'Tor Slettnes'
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Need exim 4.30 init.d script for debian
Tor Slettnes <mailto:tor@slett.net> wrote:
> But why? The .deb's are exceedingly well packaged. Both the -light
> and -heavy versions contain the local_scan dynamic loader (so you can
> plug in external .so's such as 'sa-exim' to use as local_scan
> routines). Moreover, the 'exim4-daemon-heavy' package contains just
> about everything that exists under the sky, including Exiscan-ACL.

You can also use the Debian packages to create a exim4-daemon-custom package
that's tailored to your needs. It's quite easy to do, just grab the Exim 4
Debian source packages, extract them (dpkg-source -x pkgname.dsc) then read
the debian/rules file in the extracted directory.

I've done this since I don't need LDAP, database, or TLS support, but needed
Exiscan-ACL support. I can create a slightly less bloated daemon than
-heavy, and still have the features I need.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Network Administrator