Re: [Exim] Need exim 4.30 init.d script for debian

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Richard Gration
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need exim 4.30 init.d script for debian
--

On Mar 7, 2004, at 06:17, Richard Gration wrote:

> I'd just like to say I'm a (dissatisfied) Debian user who compiles exim
> from source.
>
> I'd recommend it to all other Debian users, it's relatively easy, even
> with the exiscan patch.

But why? The .deb's are exceedingly well packaged. Both the -light
and -heavy versions contain the local_scan dynamic loader (so you can
plug in external .so's such as 'sa-exim' to use as local_scan
routines). Moreover, the 'exim4-daemon-heavy' package contains just
about everything that exists under the sky, including Exiscan-ACL.

The only reason I am contemplating building my own package (still using
the Debian build scripts to create a .deb) is to add support for
something like an 'sender_helo_name' ACL condition, which, in turn, is
to add a feature to upstream Exim4.

-tor
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]