Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: James P. Roberts
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays
> Would it make sense to apply a 30 second-ish delay to every incoming
> connection, simply to weed out the virii? Since any legit MTA should accept
> such a delay without incident, and most virii engines would give up.

Some servers don't like delays. I have this experience with aol. I got
tired of many attempts to deliver bounces that went nowhere i decided to
delay then at every stage possible. I went from 4.5 minutes to about 3 and
they still attempt to blast the junk. Their postmaster was unresponsive.