Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 13:52, Dennis Davis wrote:
> >From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>

> >You've run into qmail, then?
>
> I suspect most of us have. The VERP feature means that messages
> *have* to be sent separately. But I still can't see why it
> can't send multiple messages down a single connection instead of
> attempting to flood MXs with multiple connections.

Well the official line is that the design prioritises low latency over
everything else - you must start a delivery just as soon as you can work
out where the end-point is. I have to say I think its a crap way of
doing things though.

BTW other MLMs do VERP - Mailman 2.1 for example. But they don't
enforce 1 message per connection. It is highly likely that this list
will move to at least partial VERPing in the future (and a seriously
aggressive policy for unsub on bounces).

    Nigel.