Re: [Exim] system_aliases director error-Sorry for posting t…

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] system_aliases director error-Sorry for posting the third time
karada said:
> Hi, all,
>
> Sorry for posting this message the third time. I am a newcomer in linux
> network administration, and I have no clues on how to solve this problem.

Considering that this is a list that has members from all over the world,
People are sometimes sleeping when you post an article. Most have full
time jobs as well as well as responsibilities to others which many times
take precedence to responding to the list.

As this is an ongoing problem that has been happening for weeks as you
indicate, an immediate response is most likely not required.

Give at least a 24 hour wait until posting for further info and normally
if nobody responded, chances are you didn't provide enough info or clarity
as to what it is you were looking for or the problem you are having.

>>From several weeks ago, the mail server became slower. The reason is
> that too many instances of exim have been called. When checking the
> mainlog of exim,the following error message was found to occur many many
> times.
>
> 2004-03-03 06:25:19 Start queue run: pid=14650
> 2004-03-03 06:25:19 1AxVMA-0001bL-00 system_aliases director: failed to
> open /etc/aliases for linear search: No such file or directory

If the file /etc/aliases is really missing like the error message says,
you have a problem which will greatly slow down your server.

The assumption is that you have checked to make sure that file is actually
there.

You have provided no other information from which to have a clue what your
problem might be other than that.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums