[Exim] system_aliases director error-Sorry for posting the t…

Author: karada
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] system_aliases director error-Sorry for posting the third time
Hi, all,

Sorry for posting this message the third time. I am a newcomer in linux
network administration, and I have no clues on how to solve this problem.

From several weeks ago, the mail server became slower. The reason is
that too many instances of exim have been called. When checking the
mainlog of exim,the following error message was found to occur many many
times.

2004-03-03 06:25:19 Start queue run: pid=14650
2004-03-03 06:25:19 1AxVMA-0001bL-00 system_aliases director: failed to open /et
c/aliases for linear search: No such file or directory

Even we restart the server, this problem comes back the other day.

Acctually this problem has been mentioned in the following URL:
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20001211/022881.html
I still cannot find sufficient information to solve this problem.

Since this server has been used for over two years and this problem
occurred only from two months ago, another problem I cannot understand
is why this problem occured in the past two months.

Thanks ahead for any help, and any information is highly appreciated.

                                                Best wishes,
                                                           Chen