[Exim] exim_tidydb usage

Autor: Kevin Reed
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim_tidydb usage
I am currently using the script below daily to clear entries from the Exim
Db's...

I suspect however that I am missing something as I've had a couple
occasions over time where I got into loops with addresses being unable to
be delivered in what appeared to be a db issue.

Each time this has occurred, its been at a very bad time and my only
solution was to remove the db's and restart the exim daemons rather than
pinpoint the actual problem.

Basically the script does

exim_tidydb SPOOLFILE retry
exim_tidydb SPOOLFILE wait-remote_smtp

Should I be doing more? What are others doing?

#!/usr/bin/ksh
SPOOL=/var/spool/exim
LOG=/var/spool/exim/log/tidydb.log
echo "`date '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'` starting eximclean to clean DBs" >> $LOG
/usr/local/exim/bin/exim_tidydb $SPOOL retry >> $LOG
/usr/local/exim/bin/exim_tidydb $SPOOL wait-remote_smtp >> $LOG
echo "`date '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'` finished cron job exim">> $LOG

Other than this occasional glitch, everything appears to be running fine.
Now that I have a couple seconds to look at things, I want to see what I
can come up with.

Thanks...

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.