RE: [Exim] testvirus.org tests

Autor: Eli
A: 'SH Solutions', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] testvirus.org tests
SH Solutions wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have exim4 with exiscan and clamav in place.
> I tested this installation with testvirus.org.
>
> Everything is detected except for test-mails #5 and #8.
> I see, this may be about decoding.
>
> Is this a fault of clamav or of exiscan?
> How do you check you av-config?
>
> Thanks,
> Steffen
>

> PS: Which kinds of archives can exiscan handle? Can this be extended
> by installing different utilities?
>
> PPS: Is there a exiscan mailing list?

I just ran *all* of your tests the other day on a test server I'm working
with - uses exiscan, ClamAV and I deny certain extensions.

I noticed that there were a few (unsure which tests) which passed the AV,
but were caught by either invalid mime errors (demime stuff), or by my
blocked extensions.

However, with my setup the way it is, everything was blocked - not a single
test came through in the end. I believe the tests you're referring to may
have been demime errors - do you block on demime errors?

PPS answer: yes - http://duncanthrax.net/exilist/exilist.cgi.pl

Eli.