Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.30-16

Author: Frank Elsner
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users, exiscanusers
Subject: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.30-16
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:10:27 +0100 Tom Kistner wrote:

[ exiscan-acl-4.30-16 announcement ]

> -- CHANGELOG -----------------------------------------------------
> 16  - Major new feature: the MIME ACL. Read all about it in
>        the new doc/exiscan-acl-spec.txt file.

>      - removed variable-length array from demime.c. The very
>        much advanced native SCO Unixware compiler can't
>        handle this. Glad noone ported this to gcc.

>      - Fix: only feed files called "winmail.dat" to the TNEF
>        decoder. It seems it likes to crash on some arbitrary
>        files (Which is a bug in itself, but I don't feel like
>        debugging the mess which is tnef.c and tnef.h. And
>        I don't feel like writing my own TNEF support either.).

A quick look into exiscan-acl-4.30-16 shows - for me - that "demime"/"malware"
still aren't usable in "acl_not_smtp".

Why not ?  I told you that it works in general, the only problem was the missing
           cleanup in directory ".../scan/".

Frank Elsner  /                         c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin   |
 ____________/                               ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50                |

|                                            Einsteinufer 17                  |
| Phone: +49 30 314 23897                    D-10587 Berlin                   |
| eMail: Elsner@???             Germany             _____________|