Re: [Exim] defering a message

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim list
Subject: Re: [Exim] defering a message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Chris Edwards wrote:

> FWIW we only restart SpamAssassin (kill -HUP spamd) when we alter a ruleset.

Well, in addition to that, the departmental mailer here has an hourly
cron task that tests to see if spamd has died, and restarts it.
Basically the cron task issues a prepared spamc command and checks the
result.

At one time, spamd was failing every day or few, and this cron task
was doing a useful job; but at the present time it's very rare to see
the cron task actually needing to restart spamd.

But it's comforting to have it there, nevertheless.