[Exim] multiple domains and local delivery

Author: Andrew Zahra
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Understanding time in message ID
Subject: [Exim] multiple domains and local delivery
How do I get exim 4.30 to accept mail for multiple domains? I have it accepting mail for my primary domain (the one set as qualify_domain in config) but my other domain it seems to want to relay, even though I have placed it in local_domains.

To summarise, I have:
qualify_domain = mydomain.com
local_domains = localhost:mydomain.com:myotherdomain.com

The logs show that email to mydomain.com uses R=local_user T=mail_spool while myotherdomain.com uses R=dnslookup_relay_to_domains T=remote_smtp

What it is doing is looking up my primary domain (i.e mydomain.com) which is where the MX for myotherdomain.com points. This correctly resolves to the IP address allocated to my ADSL router. It can't connect to that address from the inside of my network, so it just ends up queuing the message.

---
Andrew Zahra