Re: [Exim] Exim as a front for Exchange

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Christopher Baker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim as a front for Exchange
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 05:57:34PM -0500,
Christopher Baker <chris@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi,
>
> I am setting up Exim as a machine for receiving mail and doing spam
> filtering. All worldwide e-mail for our domain will go to this box and
> then be passed to an Exchange server.
>
> Is there anything special I have to do for this? Do I have to set up a
> user on Exim to get all the mail for the domain? How do I get all the
> mail for the domain to the Exchange server?
>
> Thanks.

Check the list archives. I posted examples on how to do LDAP lookups against
Active Directory and if an address exists, punt to Exchange a couple weeks
ago. That works for Exchange 2000 w/AD. There's a sample config in the
sample configs archive if you're using Exchange 5.5 as well.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality