Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging
On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 16:46, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Well, I guess you can use the SMTP rewrite. I can't stop you! (When I
> was hostmaster here in the early 90's I had a campaign to get rid of all
> the foobar.cambridge.ac.uk domains in favour of foobar.cam.ac.uk. I
> thought the duplication was pointless. I think I did the right thing.)

I suspect you did! I tried that here many years ago too - I wanted just
plymouth.ac.uk. I was told no - both plym.ac.uk and plymouth.ac.uk must
be supported. The reason being that it would take too long for users to
changeover; change their printed letterheads, mailing list
subscriptions, web pages, etc, etc. Needless to say it could have all
been done by now!

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839