Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: Exim usersEximUsersList
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, John Horne wrote:

> Using exim 4.30 with the command line option '-d' or '-d+rewrite' does
> not seem to show any SMTP time rewriting of addresses. For example:

There don't seem to be any debugging statements in the code for
actually rewriting an address; there are just some in the code for
rewriting headers. However, there is code in there for *logging*
rewrites. I guess I should put in something for debugging without
logging.

> As can be seen the address 'fred@???' changes (correctly) to
> 'fred@???', but debugging does not show this even with the
> 'rewrite' option. Checking the rewriting shows:

The SMTP rewriting facility is intended for fixing up addresses that are
syntactically invalid. It isn't really intended for the straightforward
rewriting that you are doing here. Why doesn't a "normal" sender rewrite
work for you?