Re: [Exim] check_spool_inodes / reiserfs / Linux 2.6 bug

Author: Mark Bergsma
To: SH Solutions
CC: mrten+exim, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] check_spool_inodes / reiserfs / Linux 2.6 bug
SH Solutions wrote:

> If raiserfs does not use inodes, why would you even consider using
> "check_spool_inodes" on such a system?
> With that option enabled, exim should never have worked on raiserfs, since
> exim should not accept mail, if it cannot get any inodes for the new spool
> files - which it will never be able to on raiserfs systems.

Reiserfs *does* use inodes (as every unix filesystem has to), but it
does not have the concept of a maximum number of inodes, hence no number
of 'free' inodes.

If I would have realised that before, I wouldn't have used the
check_*_inodes options. Still it would be nice if Exim would behave
correctly either way, OR a note explaining this should be added to the
documentation.

--
Mark

mark@???