Re: [Exim] log_selector = +sender_on_delivery ignores errors…

Author: David Woodhouse
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] log_selector = +sender_on_delivery ignores errors_to.y
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:08 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > If I rewrite errors_to in a router, logging sender_on_delivery still
> > reports the _original_ sender address, not the one we actually _used_ in
> > the delivery.
>
> But it is called SENDER_on_delivery.

Well, as far as the SMTP transaction which I consider to be the
_delivery_ is concerned, the sender is what we put in MAIL FROM:<>. But
in the context of the message as a whole I see the distinction.

I was misled by the documentation; whether that should be considered a
documentation bug or a dwmw2 bug I leave to your judgement.

> What you seem to be wanting is a
> new selector called return_path_on_delivery. I'll WishList it.

Thanks.

--
dwmw2