Re: [Exim] log_selector = +sender_on_delivery ignores errors…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] log_selector = +sender_on_delivery ignores errors_to.y
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

> If I rewrite errors_to in a router, logging sender_on_delivery still
> reports the _original_ sender address, not the one we actually _used_ in
> the delivery.

But it is called SENDER_on_delivery. What you seem to be wanting is a
new selector called return_path_on_delivery. I'll WishList it.

> Is this a bug? Since it was already logged on receipt, it certainly
> seems rather pointless to allow us to log it _again_ if all we can do is
> repeat stale data.

I was specifically asked to add sender_on_delivery. I made the point
about repeating the data, but the requestor insisted that they wanted it
that way for some reason (probably to do with ease of processing the log
lines - after all, the <= line could be days ago).