[Exim] 550 Relay not permitted and POP3 login error

Author: gareth bailey
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 550 Relay not permitted and POP3 login error
I'm running Exim 4.24 on FreeBSD 5.2 Release. This is a two
part question.

Firstly, i am getting "SMTP failed to deliver" "550 relay
not permitted" messages when i try to send emails to my
mail server. My settings are as follows:

domainlist local_domains = mydomain.com
domainlist relay_to_domains = *.mydomain.com
hostlist relay_from_hosts = localhost : 192.168.0.0

Secondly, i am unable to log on from Outlook and Outlook
Express clients (unable to log on to pop3 server) I did
read the FreeBSD specific install doc and accordingly
changed the following settings:

auth_passdb = pam *
auth_user = root

I have added users to passwd belonging to "mail" group.

Please advise
Thanking you in advance

Gareth

http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup Webmail ISP - Cool Connection, Cool Price