Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host

Author: Bryce Newall
To: Anand Buddhdev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> > There is no lber.h or ldap.h anywhere on my system. I am about the
> > farthest thing from a programmer that there could be, so this is going to
> > sound stupid, but how do I get those headers onto my system? I recently
> > upgraded to FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE, if that makes any difference.
>
> Well, there's your problem. Those 2 files are usually installed as
> part of an OpenLDAP installation. Use your FreeBSD's port system to
> install OpenLDAP and then try to compile exim again.

I was having trouble locating OpenLDAP, but I finally found it. I
installed it, and made the following changes to Exim's Local/Makefile:

LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/local/include
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lldap

The first line is because the OpenLDAP port installed its files into
/usr/local/include. However, now when I try to build Exim, I'm getting:

gcc -c -O -pipe -I /usr/local/include ldap.c
ldap.c: In function `perform_ldap_search':
ldap.c:726: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ldap.c:726: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ldap.c:761: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ldap.c:762: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

As you can probably guess, I'm stuck again. :) Thanks for any help!

*    Bryce Newall    *    Email: data@???    *
*               www.dreamhaven.org/~data                *
*  "Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes."  *