[Exim] What do you do when you recieve a virus?

Author: Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] What do you do when you recieve a virus?
hi!

I know this might be a well discussed topic, but I would like to
highlight it once again: What do you do when you revieve a virus ?

There are two obvious solutions to this question:
1. Reject the mail!
2. Save the mail to /dev/null

My question is which of these two solutions is the best, (and please, if
I have forgotten any options, just post them!!!) and why?

So far I've chosen solution 1: Reject the mail. I have chosen this
because it seems like a good solution; it is a virus and I don't want
anything to do wiht it. An obvious drawback is that I might return the
virus / reject message to a person chosen at random by the virus on the
infected machine.

This leads me to think about option 2: Save the mail to /dev/null. The
virus will just be deleted, and nobody needs to know.

What do you think?

regards
Asbjørn