Re: [Exim] Sendmail requiring HELO again after RSET?

Author: Andrew - Supernews
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sendmail requiring HELO again after RSET?

>> As far as I can tell, they're wrong to require another HELO, since
>> I already _said_ HELO, and RSET doesn't invalidate that. Is this a
>> known sendmail bug or could it be just this one broken
>> installation?

Claus> The string
Claus> "Need HELO before MAIL"
Claus> does not appear in the sendmail source code.

On the other hand, asking the all-knowing Google about that phrase is
enlightening, revealing the problem to be an SPF milter implementation
(presumably broken, but I've never looked at how the milter interface
is supposed to work so I won't speculate on exactly how)

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com