Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT
Hi Alexander, on Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:54:00 +0200 you wrote:

> 2004-02-17 18:33:56 H=(mywankers.com) [66.9.135.151]
> F=<aburrell_ji@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <dm
> ac@???>: Could not complete sender verify
> I'm regulary getting the SPAM of this kind.
> How can Exim be configured to generate 550 (permanent) instead of 451
> (temporarily)?

You really don't want to do that (and I'm not sure it's even possible).
Exim will already permanently reject it if there is a permanent DNS error.
The situation above means there is a temporary DNS error. If you started
permanently rejecting on the basis of temporary DNS errors, then there was
a temporary DNS problem on your own system, or that of someone sending
legitimate mail, you would end up permanently rejecting good mail.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're sure it's spam, you could
(temporarily, if you want) blacklist the sending host or address.

Tim