Re: [Exim] Cannot make exim accept fetchmail's messages to …

Author: Martin Monsorno
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cannot make exim accept fetchmail's messages to localhost
Tim Jackson <lists@???> writes:

> exim -bh 127.0.0.1
>
> This is a fantastic feature which lets you run through a "fake" SMTP
> session, as if you were connecting from the IP given (127.0.0.1 in this
> case) - but it gives you debugging output so you can see exactly what's
> going on. I'm sure you'll find the problem soon enough if you run through
> a dummy SMTP session exactly like fetchmail does.

Great, that's really a nice feature. After running such a session, I
found out that the messages are rejected after sending the RCPT TO
command, becaus of the 'ACL is null'. When I checked the
configuration file and re-read the spec up and down again, I found the
problem: somehow I must have removed the line 'acl_smtp_rcpt =
acl_check_rcpt' while I edited the file. So it seems, exim has just
done the right thing (which is not /such/ a big surprise ;-) ).

Thanks again for your help,

--
Martin