Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host

Author: Bryce Newall
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> > > exchangeRoute:
> > > driver = manualroute
> > > transport = remote_smtp
> > > route_data = ${lookup{$domain}dbm{/etc/exim/db/localdomains.db}}
> > >
> > > where localdomains.db contains key/value pairs for the domain/ip address of
> > > the exchange server it is routed to.
> >
> > I'm not following that last part. Could you give me an example of the
> > contents of that file?
>
> Sure. It contains entries like:
>
> example.com: 192.168.1.90
> example.net: 192.168.1.90
>
> etc. For all of the domains Exchange is the final delivery location for.

Ahhh, I see... that may present another problem, though. In my situation,
I have just one domain. The FreeBSD machine handles some of the addresses
in the domain, and the Exchange server handles others. But since I also
have the hostname exchange.<my domain>.org defined in DNS, could I just
use that in the localdomains.db file instead, i.e.:

     exchange.<my domain>.org: 10.0.0.5

If so, than I believe I can still use your solution to make this work.

Thanks!

*    Bryce Newall    *    Email: data@???    *
*               www.dreamhaven.org/~data                *
*  "Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes."  *