Re: [Exim] wildcard blacklisting by HELO?

Author: Victor Forsyuk
To: Scott Truman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] wildcard blacklisting by HELO?
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:37:53AM +1300, Scott Truman wrote:
> Can anybody help here, please?

My config snippet:

# define macro to refer in ACL
REJECTHELO=/etc/exim/acls/helorejectrcpt

And, in appropriate place at RCPT ACL:

  deny condition = ${lookup {$sender_helo_name}nwildlsearch{REJECTHELO}{yes}{no}}
       hosts   = ! +relay_from_hosts
       message = Mail is blocked: ${lookup {$sender_helo_name}nwildlsearch{REJECTHELO}{$value}}

My REJECTHELO file contains entries like:

^ip[0-9a-f]{8}\.speed\.planet\.nl
^h\d+n\d+fls\d+o\d+\.telia\.com
^dialup-
^user\d{1,3}\.net\d{2,3}

and so on (with corresponding message in each line, naturally).