[Exim] (no subject)

Author: Paul Furness
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] (no subject)
Hello.

Could someone help me out with an apparently simple router / transport
thing in Exim 4.3?

I'm trying to set it up to do vacation auto-reply. The idea is that
users create a file called "vacation.txt" in their home dir, which is
used as the message (I'm not using .vacation because some users have
windows).

I have the following router:

uservac:
driver = accept
check_local_user
user = ${local_part}
domains = vil.ite.mee.com
transport = vacation
unseen
no_expn
no_verify
require_files = $home/vacation.txt

...which seems to be working fine; if I run exim with debugging on and
then send a mail to this user, it is correctly invoking the "vacation"
transport when the file checked for exists.

However, the transport I have is this:

vacation:
driver = autoreply
file = $home/vacation.txt
log = $home/vacation.log
# once = ${home}/.vacationdb
# once_repeat = 7d
headers = "Precedence: junk\n"
to = "${sender_address}"
subject = "Autoreply... [Re: $h_Subject:]"

(I commented out the 'once' stuff because I want to keep sending it test
messages and getting an auto reply for each one).

However, when this transport tries to deal with a message it comes back
"DEFER". Not only this, but I can't work out why it's doing this because
I get "exim: debugging permission denied" rather than the details of the
transport. I assume this is something to do with which user it is
running as at any given time.

I need the auto-reply to come from the person to whom the message is
sent, rather than the exim user, and I need to access the user's home
directory; I thought check_local_user allows these things.

Anyone got any ideas what really simple thing I'm missing?

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul.