Re: [Exim] Cannot make exim accept fetchmail's messages to …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Martin Monsorno
Para: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Cannot make exim accept fetchmail's messages to localhost
Tim Jackson <lists@???> writes:

> Hi Martin, on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:40:15 +0100 you wrote:
>
>> | fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<monsorno@localhost>
>> | fetchmail: SMTP< 550 Administrative prohibition
>> I'm using exim 4.24, could it be a problem with this version?
>
> I very, very much doubt it.
>
> Try:
>
> exim -d -bt monsorno@localhost
>
> and see what the results say. They will show you exactly what rules Exim
> used to decide to reject that address.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it out, and exim does everything that's
expected and accepts the mail. When doing a

echo "bla" | mailx -s "blabla" monsorno@localhost

the mail perfectly gets delivered.

/But/ when running fetchmail, the same stuff happens as described in
my former posting. I suppose it depends on the direct delivery
attempt of fetchmail over SMTP, but the exim's answer gives no clue,
if this is the reason why delivery fails. Anyway, if localhost is in
local_domains, is this not enough to make SMTP delivery from localhost
work?

--
Martin