Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

Góra strony
Autor: Steve Lamb
Dla: Exim User's Mailing List
Temat: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Saturday, February 14, 2004 at 16:16:58 (-0800), Steve Lamb wrote: ]
> Well, on this list there's a rule in force for _some_ of the subscribers
> which prevents us from using the list posting address as the reply-to
> address in our postings.

     We've gone over this.  You know, for someone who's enough been a dick in
the past few weeks on matters of proper adherance to standards (in DNS) as
well as critical about other people's supposed inability to use their software
properly (this thread) you're woefully hypocritical when it comes to this issue.

     The list sets the RFC2369 headers.  Use them.  If you're ignorant of them
that's your problem, not the list administrator's and certainly not mine.

     If your software is incapable of using the RFC2369 headers then I submit
to you it is an integration problem on your end and your spew is wholely
unappreciated.  To continue to spam people after they have given you a rather
strong request not to only shows you have no regard for others.

     Given that you're using EMACS for your mail and I know darn well it is
aware of RFC2369 headers get youre crap together or shut the hell up about
other people having problems in their own software.  I have little patience
for hypocrits.

> So, please re-direct your complaint to the list maintainer. Thanks.

     I'm giving you one last request, don't CC me on list mail.  I'm on the
list, I read it, CCing me is just spamming me needlessly.  Any further CCs
*WILL* be reported as spam.

> That's not what I said. Please read the above again very carefully.

     I read what you said.  I also took the two cases together which you did
not.  Answer the question if you can.

>>     Bull, Greg.  In my case the situation changed out from under me.

> You live in a market economy. Maybe you don't like it, but it's a fact.
> You can choose to ride with the mass-market drones or you can choose to
> make things work the way you want them to work.

     Which is what we are doing except you're being hypocritical by on the one
hand telling him to to do it then on the other offering ways to do it.

> In the mean time you'd best do some personal networking and make friends
> in the local Internet community. :-)

     Why?  Did you read my message or not?  I've got an acceptable solution in
place.