Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

Góra strony
Autor: The Prejudiciously Configured Exim User's Mailing List
Dla: Steve Lamb
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Temat: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
[ On Saturday, February 14, 2004 at 16:16:58 (-0800), Steve Lamb wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
>
>      First off, don't CC me.  I'm on the list you nit.  I don't particularly
> like spam.

Well, on this list there's a rule in force for _some_ of the subscribers
which prevents us from using the list posting address as the reply-to
address in our postings. Until that's fixed I will also be CC'ing
everyone directly on my posts in case the copy to the list doesn't make
it and I don't see the bounce for many hours (and for the duration I
won't complain if I get CC'ed too :-).

So, please re-direct your complaint to the list maintainer. Thanks.

> Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > [ On Saturday, February 14, 2004 at 03:07:13 (-0800), Steve Lamb wrote: ]
> >>Subject: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

>      No, this was about you proclaiming loudly that if a DHCP server doesn't
> broadcast MX it is because the MX is static and one could simply program it
> in.

That's not what I said. Please read the above again very carefully.

> I asked the obvious question of what one does when one DHCP server does
> broadcast and one does not. IE, one simply cannot just set the static MX and
> let it be.

And I repeat: If you're on two networks then you're multi-homing and if
you're multi-homing your workstation and you can't make your software do
what you want then you deserve all the problems you get. Don't do that.

If you're not multi-homing then we're talking about a simple software
integration issue. If you do your own software integration then
complain to yourself and then figure out a better way. If you don't
then complain to your vendor. This isn't an Exim problem and it isn't
really a DHCP problem either.

>      Bull, Greg.  In my case the situation changed out from under me.

You live in a market economy. Maybe you don't like it, but it's a fact.
You can choose to ride with the mass-market drones or you can choose to
make things work the way you want them to work.

> I'm stuck in a lease
> and cannot move again until the end of the year or I would have. When that
> lease comes up I will. Until then I do what I can.

Was the cable agreement written into the lease? If so then the lease
was broken by the property manager. Get a lawyer.

In the mean time you'd best do some personal networking and make friends
in the local Internet community. :-)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>