Re: [Exim] callout suggestion

Góra strony
Autor: Russell King
Dla: Ian Toogood
CC: 'Exim-users'
Temat: Re: [Exim] callout suggestion
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:08:28PM -0000, Ian Toogood wrote:
> I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with MX's that
> reject MAIL FROM: <> being blocked

Bear in mind though that if MAIL FROM:<> is blocked, you will be unable
to inform the sender that you were unable to deliver his mail to it's
ultimate destination. Consider whether you really want to accept mail
from such sites.

It's far better IMHO for the remote sites to get fixed by some means,
either by customers finding some other ISP who has a clue about their
mail systems, or getting the senders administrator to fix the problem
themselves.

The more people who reject mail from sites which don't accept MAIL FROM:<>
the better IMHO.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/